News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hermit Superpower

Started by madbean, March 24, 2020, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Since I've basically been sheltering in place for 10 years (I work from home and so I am home all the time) I've gained a super-power:

I can tell if there is a window or door open anywhere in my house from any place in my house. Why? I dunno. Maybe because I am so used to the ambient sounds in my place that the slightest change registers. I only have a normal hearing range for my age (actually I have a little bit of tinnitus). It's my one super power, apparently.

What new powers will you gain from being at home all the time? Yes, this is a stupid thread.

chongmagic

When no one is looking at me, I can become invisible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jimilee

I will probably gain the ability to strangle myself because my wife is home too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Tolerance, patience... i've been a semi hermit, self isolating and social distancing for the past 25 years, now i have to share our rather small space 24/7 with two others, granted adults but a big change, i cherished all that alone time.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

I'm learning how to fart letters of the alphabet.  During my premiere recital, my kids stopped me after P.U.  They were not impressed.

(Sorry.  I'm losing my mind here.)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

BrianS

Quote from: EBK on March 25, 2020, 03:00:45 PM
I'm learning how to fart letters of the alphabet.  During my premiere recital, my kids stopped me after P.U.  They were not impressed.

Hilarious.

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on March 25, 2020, 03:00:45 PM

That's just good parenting.

Betty Wont

My pet rats have gained a superpower over me. The only food in the house is stuff they like and they tell me when i should eat. I am now nocturnal, and drink my beer out of tiny cups that are easy to dip face in.

madbean

Saw a term last night that I thought perfectly summed up our current situation (I mean for those of us lucky enough not to be sick): "pajama apocalypse".

It's funny that just a couple months ago Graham and I were working on ideas for the new record and I floated the idea of it being a sort of rock/synth wave post apocalypse soundtrack. We had a conference call this week and I said maybe we should just do happy pop songs instead.

jimilee

You can call it happy little bushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on March 25, 2020, 06:22:31 PM
Saw a term last night that I thought perfectly summed up our current situation (I mean for those of us lucky enough not to be sick): "pajama apocalypse".

It's funny that just a couple months ago Graham and I were working on ideas for the new record and I floated the idea of it being a sort of rock/synth wave post apocalypse soundtrack. We had a conference call this week and I said maybe we should just do happy pop songs instead.

Yeah, this whole thing doesn't make we want to pull a Phillip K Dick book off the shelf.

I think if I have a superpower these days it is probably letting my kid's watch way to much crap on tv.