Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grapevine and a re-housed Ross Comp

Started by petesz, November 19, 2011, 01:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

So this is what i got up to today:
Firstly:

A Grapevine, this is a really cool overdrive pedal. It had been sitting on my desk waiting to be built for forever...Havn't had a chance to crank it through the big amp yet but i dig its responsiveness and the rock/rawk switch is cool, both are great for different purposes. Had a little bit of trouble fitting it in there.. no gut shots but just because i had to use a 3pdt switch and the circuit board was a bit too high up to fit the back on.. but i jammed it on there ;) Also the LED is an ultraviolet!

Next up, i decided to re-house my Ross Compressor (guitarpcb board). I really like this compressor, sounds fantastic, but i didnt like having it in a big 1590BB enclosure.. so i figured i'd challenge myself a bit and cram it in a 1590B! It actually wasnt too difficult, i put the DC Jack on top and everything else went in easy peasy, no space for a battery though.
It used to look like:

Now its a little less attractive but smaller and easier to manage:

The UFO knobs are fantastic too, they feel like they are gliding/hovering when you turn them.. unfortunately they are a bit big to use for most builds.
As you can see i'm giving less attention to the exterior of my builds, im liking the raw unfinished look, and they look cool all together!

nzCdog

Woo!  All that extra space on your pedalboard from the compressor means you can fit the Grapevine in! 8)
I dig the Alu finish, the pedals match nicely

TheCobbenator

Good job! The grapevine is one of my faves. It was my first completed build and I can attest to it being a pain to box. I guess the original switch placement works best bc the board is so wide.

I'm contemplating starting to use a lot of bare enclosures. That would save a significant amount of
Trouble/$$$!  I have a hard time using BBs for anything unless it's absolutely necessary.

bigmufffuzzwizz

These both look fantastic! Good job on cramming that in such a small enclosure. I was trying to fit mine horizontally and would have had to sand down the edges to make it fit that way. Bare enclosure works fine especially with those awesome knobs!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals