News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

With the output I've seen on here lately...

Started by matmosphere, April 02, 2020, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

This years BOTY is going to be quite epic.

I can't wait

EBK

I think we need to see many more "ugly" builds.  It is high time we find a way to celebrate desperate ingenuity, boxes full  of spaghetti, circuits that miraculously sound better than they look.  Can we have a contest sometime where the goal is to produce something that intentionally looks awful?  Just some randomish thoughts.  Could be good for a few laughs and may inspire some shy builders to feel comfortable showing off their not-as-bad-as-I-thought creations in the future.  It would also naturally highlight the positive atmosphere here.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 03, 2020, 07:44:45 AM
I think we need to see many more "ugly" builds.  It is high time we find a way to celebrate desperate ingenuity, boxes full  of spaghetti, circuits that miraculously sound better than they look.  Can we have a contest sometime where the goal is to produce something that intentionally looks awful?  Just some randomish thoughts.  Could be good for a few laughs and may inspire some shy builders to feel comfortable showing off their not-as-bad-as-I-thought creations in the future.  It would also naturally highlight the positive atmosphere here.

Hahaha I love it. It's a great idea!

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website