News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where do you buy kits?

Started by matmosphere, April 03, 2020, 01:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I've been doing this for years now, but due to some uncontrollable circumstances I find my self on a different continent than all of my stuff. I think I'll be able to borrow an iron from my brother soon but I don't have anything to build here. I was thinking dropping a few extra bucks for kits would make life easy.

The Aion stuff looks nice, and I know about BYOC, but is there anybody else out there in the US doing kits? I assume it won't be easy to get stuff shipped from overseas ATM.

matmosphere

Does anyone do pedalpcb kits. I've been wanting to build the Organ Donor forever

EBK

General Guitar Gadgets has decent kits, assuming they are still open for business.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 03, 2020, 02:07:27 AM
General Guitar Gadgets has decent kits, assuming they are still open for business.

Damn, hadn't ever considered that.

gordo

Antique Electronics has the MOD kits and even Stewart MacDonald is getting in on the act with JHS and other branded stuff.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Guitar PCB.com sells kits, I think he has a link on his website. Dasmusikding (spelling?) sells kits from several people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

musikding sold me my first kit waaaaaaay back when ... fuzz factory
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

matmosphere

I was assuming Das Musikding wouldn't be able to ship overseas. Perhaps that isn't true.

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 03, 2020, 02:25:57 PM
I was assuming Das Musikding wouldn't be able to ship overseas. Perhaps that isn't true.
I thought they were overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

WormBoy

Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2020, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on April 03, 2020, 02:25:57 PM
I thought they were overseas.
Depends which side of the sea you're on (and what particular sea you had in mind)  8). They are in Germany, and it looks like they only ship within Europe.

matmosphere

Sorry about the confusion here. I moved from the states to Eastern Europe last year for work. But because of this crazy global pandemic we came back to the states for a while. We don't know how long we'll be here so I don't want to get to much because we need to be able to travel lite. Hence maybe kits.

Aentons

It's funny, I had a similar conversation at work today. I'm in the US and work for a US based company. We were discussing renaming our global division to our "international" division. Global said that wouldn't work because to they refer to the US as the "international" division.

matmosphere

Quote from: Aentons on April 04, 2020, 01:01:56 AM
It's funny, I had a similar conversation at work today. I'm in the US and work for a US based company. We were discussing renaming our global division to our "international" division. Global said that wouldn't work because to they refer to the US as the "international" division.

Hahaha, that sounds like an episode of Seifeld

Bio77

I have a pretty good stock pile of parts.  If you had a particular project in mind, I wouldn't mind sending you a bag of stuff.  You'd have to get the hardware from Tayda (box and pots) and the PCB, but I could hook you up with the rest for cost+shipping.  PM me.

peAk

My first and only pedal kit was a BYOC Reverb

It was awesome and I am so grateful I started with them because the build went smoothly, it had great instructions, and it definitely planted the seed.

Just wanted to give BYOC props.

Side note, since then I have bought pcbs from them. I contacted them and they were super cool and sold me just pcbs. Just FYI to anyone that maybe wants to build something they have but don't need the kit.