Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where do you buy kits?

Started by matmosphere, April 02, 2020, 06:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: peAk on April 03, 2020, 08:27:56 PM
My first and only pedal kit was a BYOC Reverb

It was awesome and I am so grateful I started with them because the build went smoothly, it had great instructions, and it definitely planted the seed.

Just wanted to give BYOC props.

Side note, since then I have bought pcbs from them. I contacted them and they were super cool and sold me just pcbs. Just FYI to anyone that maybe wants to build something they have but don't need the kit.
+1 My first kit was an opticomp. They are great kits and go together easily. I have since built several more. They come out with the occasional kit that makes me want to build it, but usually, I just source PCBs and parts. They are super easy to work with, NWKenning is the man if you hop over to their forum, plus they have some PCBs listed on their site also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

I've always had lots of respect for byoc, but I've never bought one cause I've never bought a kit. Maybe I should take a look

junkemail86

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 02, 2020, 06:16:36 PM
Does anyone do pedalpcb kits. I've been wanting to build the Organ Donor forever

Haven't done one of the PedalPCB kits, but have used several of their PCB's (including Organ Donor) and they're great. really like their selection. 

Muadzin

If you now reside in the US then kit wise the sky is your limit. It's slim pickings getting kits in Europe from local suppliers that aren't called MusicDing. In contrast the US seems to have a plethora of kit suppliers.

rockola

Quote from: Muadzin on April 08, 2020, 02:08:31 PM
It's slim pickings getting kits in Europe from local suppliers that aren't called MusicDing.
Fuzzdog has plenty of kits. https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/