News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Google hangout signup - next weekend

Started by madbean, April 02, 2020, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

This Next weekend I will do two Hangout sessions, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Each session will be for 1 hour and limited to 15 video-enabled participants (I will limit these two sessions to those that have webcams). Each session will take place at 12pm CST to allow for different timezones.

If you want to participate, simply respond in this thread. I will send you an message to your registered forum email with the link for the scheduled hangout. Your slot will be be determined by your post # in this thread.

TOPIC: well, whatever we want. Focus on pedal building but we can share anything and go off on tangents. There's no agenda other than to have fun.

I don't have much experience with Hangout but I'll figure it out in time.

PS I am included in the 15. So it will be 14 forum members per session plus me. If you have a preference on days you can include that in your post and I will do my best to accommodate. If we don't get to 15 people I'll just pick one of the days.

matmosphere

Nice idea Brian, it would be cool to put some face to names and stuff. I could do Sunday, but I'll be tied up at that time on Saturday.

Have you considered using Zoom, I think it's free to sign up for now. My kids use it for school and it seems to work well for decent sized groups.

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 02, 2020, 08:14:45 PM
Nice idea Brian, it would be cool to put some face to names and stuff. I could do Sunday, but I'll be tied up at that time on Saturday.

Have you considered using Zoom, I think it's free to sign up for now. My kids use it for school and it seems to work well for decent sized groups.

I did not opt for Zoom considering the recent allegations over privacy. For this session we will do Google but I am open to trying different avenues in the future. I've used Skype a ton but I don't know the participant limit on it. I'll put you down for Sunday.

matmosphere

Thanks. I hadn't heard of the privacy issues, should probably get smart about that. Although I'm super thankful my kids have any instruction going on at all.

madbean

I think this is too short notice so I'm going to push this to next weekend. Plus, I still need to finish up getting these new releases out. So, we'll plan for 4.11 and/or 4.12.

BrianS

diablochris6

This sounds like fun. If my kids are cooperative, I'll give it a go!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

matmosphere

Because of the weekend change I can do whichever day.

Timko

m-Kresol

I'm in. I'd prefer Saturday if possible
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBK

Put me down as a semi-solid, semi-liquid "maybe".
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Just realized this Sunday is Easter. Would you push me to Saturday?

rockola

Is this happening today? If so I'm in. Will just have to find a webcam in my pile of assorted electronic goods, and I guess a pair of pants just in case.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Haven't gotten a link here? Is this still on?