News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Way Huge Red Llama/Snarkadoodle Schematic

Started by skypn, June 24, 2020, 02:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skypn

I am trying to do all my pedals from schematics, to help learn how to read them, then bend them to my will. Not always with happy results. 8). I would straight up follow the SD, except I like to use a 3p3t + led boards in my builds.

1.When I compare the two schematics, I find that the pin connections of the CD4049UBE don't quite match up.
2. Looking at SD schematic, I am COMPLETELY confused at the little circles with the word "pin" in them. Do all those "nodes" connect to each other?

I do realize these may be questions I should know. Please bare with me. I am reluctant to publish any pics, as I do not own the art work.
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake

diablochris6

1. It's okay if the pins don't match up in this situation because the outcome is the same. The CD4049 is made up of repeating sections of the same circuit. Pin 3 is an input for one stage, and pin 2 is the output of that stage. Likewise, 5&4, 7&6, 9&10, 11&12, and 14&15 are the respective input and outputs of their own stages. You can use those stages interchangeably or even use those other stages to design a Triple Snarkdoodle monster (it would probably sound awful though).

2. For those pin circles, look at what they are connected to as a clue to what they are used for. I see one connected to IN, OUT, L (the LED), and GND. Those are for connecting the circuit to a footswitch or the 3PDT board, in your case.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

skypn

diablochris6: Thank You for answering my post.
I had no clue as to the nature of of the CD4049. In the future I shall research the IC's I plan to use.
As far as the "pins" I suspected that was what it meant, the led connection was screaming at me, but I wouldn't listen. I guess what I needed was to quit over thinking.
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake