News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

modified woolly mammoth question

Started by Yahoo67, April 05, 2020, 01:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo67

i just made a schematic for a modified woolly mammoth board i wanna make.
basically i just took a mastotron schem and replaced the volume pot by the boost section of the fuzzolo.
My question is would this schematic work ?, and should i keep the volume pot of the mastotron.
i plan to use 2n3904 and the component values of the woolly mammoth.
i wanna check with people here before i order this from oshpark.
i am a noob at this so any feedback would be great ! Thanks !

woolie

Wouldn't you want to breadboard this idea out before ordering a PCB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yahoo67

Quote from: woolie on April 05, 2020, 01:28:25 PM
Wouldn't you want to breadboard this idea out before ordering a PCB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i would but i don't know how T_T

woolie

Yahoo67

Thanks !!!

I will definitely check those out. I was thinking of getting a breadboard on my next tayda order. Pedalpcb also sells a add-on pcb to help breadboard too.

Scruffie

There should be no thinking about it, you have to get a breadboard on your next Tayda order  ;)

But... I can't see any reason what you've drawn wont work, except for C10 being backwards and wildly oversized.
Works at Lectric-FX

Yahoo67

Quote from: Scruffie on April 05, 2020, 01:56:02 PM
There should be no thinking about it, you have to get a breadboard on your next Tayda order  ;)

But... I can't see any reason what you've drawn wont work, except for C10 being backwards and wildly oversized.

Yep I will get that ... Especially recently I have been wanting to mod some pedals I like, and breadboaring would help a lot. I can read a simple schematic ok and I have been looking at modifying circuits a bit like lego blocks xD zvex stuff looks kinda of easy cus it's basically all the same circuits :p . As far as c10 all the schematic of the mastotron I have seen have all the same values. I will use sockets and test everything out, I must admit that the jump from 33nf to 68 I get but then 100 UF seems like overkill !