News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite Skreddy fuzz circuits?

Started by Beedoola, April 12, 2020, 04:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

Looking to build some and I'm a little overwhelmed as they sound great. Leaning towards a Mayo but curious what y'all have to say.

alanp

The Cosmopolitan (Brian's take on the Skreddy Screwdriver) is a really, really good sounding circuit.

It's very dependent on the germanium transistor you use, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

P19 is my favorite, it's super smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

I love the Lunar Module... (which has similarities in circuit to Screwdriver). Very versatile me thinks.
BigNoise Amplification

HamSandwich

I've only built the lunar module deluxe, but it's been my go to fuzz/distortion for about 8 years now.

culturejam

The very under-discussed Rover is a favorite of mine. It uses SMT parts and is obviously a mass-production pedal, but I think it's a great variation on the Tonebender MKII.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

junkemail86

Another vote for Lunar Module being amazing.  I have built a Mayo, Screwdriver, and Lunar Module and I preferred the Lunar Module by far.

Muadzin

The Lunar Module if I want to kick in a fuzz, it also plays nice with buffers by the way so none of that it has to be in front bullshit. P19 if I want a Muffy lead tone and the Mayonaise III if I want a Muffy rhythm tone. And make absofuckin'lutely certain to include the Skreddy mids switch on ALL your Muff builds. That thing will save your guitar tone when you disappear into the mix.