News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen..."

Started by TheDude, April 12, 2020, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

"... to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber."

Inspired by jimilee, I went back after my first attempt at a vero build - an Emanating Fist Black Acid. This guy was completed well before the the virus came through, but only boxed it up recently. Found out I didn't flip the cuts when I should have, but flipped the components. Attempt number two worked on the first try! Graphics were black with the hope they would be visible at only the right angle. Turns out that angle doesn't exist. But an all black pedal that's called Black Acid seems fitting. Knobs are incoming from LMS.

Sonically the Black Acid is different approach to the D*A*M Meathead, using drive, fuzz, and volume controls. Works fantastic with lower tunings, definitely right onto the board next to my Green Russian.

Front:

Inside:
The dude abides

jimilee

I felt a disturbance in the force....Most excellent! I download the layout, reverse it and print it out, that way, there's not a whole lot of thinking when making the cuts and jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TheDude

Quote from: jimilee on April 12, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
I felt a disturbance in the force....Most excellent! I download the layout, reverse it and print it out, that way, there's not a whole lot of thinking when making the cuts and jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, thanks Jimi! That's probably a good way to go about it. I've got 3 vero boards I started today, but I'll probably try that route with the next set

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

diablochris6

The black on black gives it an underground market/redacted information vibe. It adds to the mystique!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

TheDude

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 12, 2020, 10:12:17 PM
The black on black gives it an underground market/redacted information vibe. It adds to the mystique!
Love it!

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

TheDude

The dude abides