News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

High value, low cost vintage/out-of-production pedals

Started by DLW, April 18, 2020, 07:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

I just picked up a 70s EHX Bassballs and a 70s Ross Phaser for prices much lower than I would have expected. To be clear, these were not one-off, random deals. The market value on these is lower than I expected. I'm wondering if there are other effects that people have similar opinions about. I'm not a music dealer and I'm not looking for "investment" ideas. It's more of 'now is a good time to buy' type of thing. I also realize price and value are both highly subjective, so I'm not expecting a consensus. Just curious what other people think, and it could be something interesting to discuss.

Muadzin

The price of vintage pedals is and has always been correlated to the number of units produced, the rarity of obsolete chips or trannies in the first (desired) production versions and the number of famous albums on which they have allegedly been used.

DLW

That's a really good point. I'm looking at this from a consumer perspective more than a collector or dealer perspective, though. Just to carry forward my recent experience. I'm tinkering with a Ross Phaser circuit for a DIY project and I casually wanted a real one for comparison purposes. I checked the market price and was surprised by how cheap they are. I was just curious if other people have had similar experiences. Maybe this is dumb or uncommon thought. I dunno.