News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Biohazard - dual channel Boneyard in a 125b

Started by Willybomb, April 15, 2020, 07:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's Biohazard, a Boneyard on vero.

The guts are a mess as I had to re-wire all sorts of things after finding out that if your LEDs are pot mounted, you need to switch out pins 2-3, not pin 1.  Then, after working all that out, it had a squeal that wasn't there out of the box so I dropped a klon buffer in to fix that.

Yellow/green asymmetrical LEDs on Channel 1, asymmetric red on channel 2.

Pretty happy with the drilling on the face, but the top mounted jacks are laughable, again.

Willy.

mjg

Nice graphic - very fitting for the current times.

MTK

That's a clean looking graphic. I like it. Also, I've never seen anyone print the layout to scale and use it on the board, that's gotta be helpful.

Willybomb

QuoteNice graphic - very fitting for the current times.

Thanks.  I'm lacking a bit of inspiration these days for my pedal art.

QuoteAlso, I've never seen anyone print the layout to scale and use it on the board, that's gotta be helpful.

I do that on everything these days and it's cut my number of non first time starters to 1 in 10, probably.  The layouts at Tagboard always scale correctly, but sometimes the ones in the forum and other sources don't.  You need 11 holes from inch to inch - first hole being at 0, the eleventh at 1 - and for some reason some will get that first 11 holes right but they go out after that.  I haven't worked out why that is exactly, but the ones on the main page do.

Believe it or not, I learnt to do this in 1986 as an 11 year old, from a book called "How to make computer controlled robots". I did it for a robot board, but never finished the robot proper.  I remembered the resizing technique a couple of years ago, and haven't looked back since.

MTK

Quote from: Willybomb on April 16, 2020, 02:06:04 AM

QuoteAlso, I've never seen anyone print the layout to scale and use it on the board, that's gotta be helpful.

I do that on everything these days and it's cut my number of non first time starters to 1 in 10, probably.  The layouts at Tagboard always scale correctly, but sometimes the ones in the forum and other sources don't.  You need 11 holes from inch to inch - first hole being at 0, the eleventh at 1 - and for some reason some will get that first 11 holes right but they go out after that.  I haven't worked out why that is exactly, but the ones on the main page do.

Believe it or not, I learnt to do this in 1986 as an 11 year old, from a book called "How to make computer controlled robots". I did it for a robot board, but never finished the robot proper.  I remembered the resizing technique a couple of years ago, and haven't looked back since.

That's awesome. I do something similar but less analog, solely because I don't have a printer at home.
https://i.imgur.com/hlX1z4K.gif

https://i.imgur.com/a7IYG2s.gif