News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jumper wires for PCBs?

Started by Caedarn, April 19, 2020, 07:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedarn

I'm building a KoT project from a PCB.  The project has trim pots and DIP switches that I think could be useful to have as external controls.  It seems that it would be really useful, though, to be able to populate the board and evaluate these controls before deciding. 

This got me wondering: are there jumper wires suitable for making temporary connection to PCBs, so I could insert jumper wires and connect the controls before soldering anything in place?

Maybe a totally dumb question given the variability in PCB hole characteristics, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has done this sort of thing already.

Thanks!

EBK

Search for "PCB test points", and you should find some things like these that may suit your purpose:
8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Caedarn

Quote from: EBK on April 19, 2020, 08:26:50 AM
Search for "PCB test points", and you should find some things like these that may suit your purpose:

Thanks very much!