News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino Build

Started by raulduke, November 21, 2011, 02:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

I built a Neutrino (burst) up recently to try out and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

I thought it would be a load of hyped hot air but its actually a really nice sounding circuit. A keeper for sure!

Note the ghetto means of grounding the pedal in the gutshot (I forgot to drill a hole for a ground tab...doh!)

Next on the list is finally finishing my Tilt. Really looking forward to trying that one out.

Nothing fancy with the enclosure on this one; just hammerite and cream knobs!

Photos:

Gutshot:

mjcyates

Looks nice. I like the enclosure.

snz728

Looks nice, good to hear you like it, that's my next build
Was having second thoughts after some recent posts about the black vs burst

masterlk

I like your build, well done. I especially like the diodes you have sitting there...it reminds me of the flux capacitor!

nzCdog

Nice build Raulduke! Did you solder the ground tab to the enclosure or tape it?
Mmmmm... makes me think of coffee and cream...

raulduke

Cheers for the compliments guys!

nzCdog; I taped a bit then soldered it mate... a bit lame but its for my own use so hey ho. I'll try and get round to drilling a hole for a ground tab.

I've started drilling a hole for an m4 screw and using a ground tab with most of my builds using isolated jacks (like D*A*M do).

The thing I like about this one is that the gain control is usefull at all settings; at minimum settings it makes a nice booster (which it should I guess being a tubescreamer and all).

As for the flux capacitor; I daren't turn the gain up past 8.8, for the fear of going back to the fifties (no pedals back then)!

keysandguitars

I really like that enclosure, how did you finish it?
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

raulduke

Good old hammerite mate. I love the stuff!

Its very easy to apply and I prefer the look (kind of a vintagey look) to standard spray paints.

I don't know if you can get the proper stuff in the US? I'm sure it must be available somewhere.

gtr2

I really like the finish and color on this one.  Very cool.  Nice to hear you like the tones!

I think the closest we have is rustolium hammertone.  But I can't say I've seen it in that color  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer