News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Would anyone be willing to look over something for me?

Started by matmosphere, April 29, 2020, 08:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I am trying to come up with an easy way to test out an idea that is bouncing around in my head. Basically I want a simple circuit to take one input signal and split it into two outputs, where each output has a bendable effects loop.

I started with the guitar paratrooper over on tagboard effects, but looking over it again it won't get me where I want to be. I found the Split 'n Blend circuit on the Storyboardist site, but I couldn't find the schematic so I attempted to trace it.

Basically I took the idea of splitting the signal four ways, like in the AMZ FET splitter, and stacked two Split 'n Blend circuits together which seems like it would have the desired effect.

Would anybody be willing to take a look at this and see if I've made any mistakes? Other than leaving volume controls off each channel, and some circuit protection that is.

madbean

A slight rearrangement of the same components makes for a more flexible design, IMO. With this, output is always (nearly) unity and the loop is blended into rather between.

matmosphere

Thanks for taking a look Brian, I figured someone had already designed something like this. The suggestion about hooking up the blend pots makes so much more sense from a functional standpoint. I had been wondering if doing things in series or parallel made more sense.

No to the next step in what will hopefully end up being a cacophony of unusual noise I'm looking to create.

Aentons

Cool, I have something similar on the bread board right now but I'm using an opamp. I've never been quite sure at what point it makes more sense to go with transistors or opamps for this sort of 2 or 3 channel blender type thing?

matmosphere

Quote from: Aentons on April 30, 2020, 12:05:36 AM
Cool, I have something similar on the bread board right now but I'm using an opamp. I've never been quite sure at what point it makes more sense to go with transistors or opamps for this sort of 2 or 3 channel blender type thing?

I suspect we're headed much in the same direction, I'm glad because I'm not sure I'll get there at the rate I'm going.