News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

COVID Detecting FET

Started by Bio77, April 29, 2020, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Thought this was cool and tangentially related to pedals...Who knew!

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c02823

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

matmosphere

Sorry Nigel, this one goes all the way to 19. That's eight better.

selfdestroyer

gordo

Quote from: Bio77 on April 29, 2020, 01:24:29 PM
Quote from: EBK on April 29, 2020, 11:14:47 AM
But how does it "sound"?  ;)
Sick   ;)

I about spit a mouthful of Chlorox halfway across the room.  Well played sir.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

...and to think I was worried that would come off as insensitive.  Cheers fellas!

matmosphere

m-Kresol

nice one.

actually, ACS nano is quite a good journal. I wonder how they managed to poll this one off. Coming up with a concept, doing the work (multiple times as it never works right away), processing the data... making the graphs look nice takes at least a day and writing the publication is usually a multi-day ordeal. they must have worked shifts and all-nighters. Hopefully, this will actually contribute to a solution
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bio77

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 30, 2020, 01:32:52 AM
nice one.

actually, ACS nano is quite a good journal. I wonder how they managed to poll this one off. Coming up with a concept, doing the work (multiple times as it never works right away), processing the data... making the graphs look nice takes at least a day and writing the publication is usually a multi-day ordeal. they must have worked shifts and all-nighters. Hopefully, this will actually contribute to a solution

The group is Korean, so, they have had COVID on their mind since December.  Also, I'd imagine they have had this technology developed for awhile, just needed to add some proof of concept with COVID and they get a very popular publication.

ChainsawFuzz

So which one will happen first? Guitar pedal or modular synth module?