News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Touchstone Vibe Mod

Started by Bio77, April 29, 2020, 09:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I'd like to add a vibe switch to the Touchstone.   Build doc recommends lowering R23, so, I thought a jumper across would work.  Mods I've found on the web recommend pulling out the other side of the mix (R22).  Are they the same? Seems like there might be a volume change with the jumper choice. 

Scruffie

If you want vibrato, remove R6.

R22 is a voltage reference resistor, not what you're interested in and the build doc says to lower R23 to let more wet signal in to the mix, if you jump it, there's no longer a mixing point at all.
Works at Lectric-FX

Bio77

Thanks scruffie!  I need to study the schematic again, I was way off.

Thewintersoldier

I built a pedalpcb mini me a while ago but want to do a touch stone with a mix knob and a vibrato switch. How would I do this? I think it would be great to switch the dry signal out completely and then be able to mix as well. Could it be done with a pot that goes from dry only to wet only and stock in the middle?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 21, 2020, 06:34:59 AM
I built a pedalpcb mini me a while ago but want to do a touch stone with a mix knob and a vibrato switch. How would I do this? I think it would be great to switch the dry signal out completely and then be able to mix as well. Could it be done with a pot that goes from dry only to wet only and stock in the middle?

The VFE chorus is what you seek.
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on August 21, 2020, 06:40:45 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 21, 2020, 06:34:59 AM

The VFE chorus is what you seek.
Is that based on the small clone? Truth be told, I really want to do it to this board, because I want to lol I like a challenge and I'm trying to learn!

Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

It is indeed! But even if you want to do it to your board, look at how they do the mix control, that's how you'd get a 100% wet/dry control on a small clone.
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on August 21, 2020, 07:11:04 AM
It is indeed! But even if you want to do it to your board, look at how they do the mix control, that's how you'd get a 100% wet/dry control on a small clone.
Thanks Scruffie, gonna take a look at it and  try and figure it out

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

The mix pot would go at the junction of r6 and r27. So my next question is how would I wire it. If I used a 50kc pot would the pot take the place of the resistors or be placed between them? What is each lug connected to. I also looked the pork barrel mix knob. When the mix is at full cw it's vibrato, at full ccw is dry and chorus is 1/4 to half cw. This is what I'm shooting for. I'm half there, how do I connect the dots?

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 21, 2020, 07:13:07 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on August 21, 2020, 07:11:04 AM
Thanks Scruffie, gonna take a look at it and  try and figure it out

Ok, looking at the vfe coral reef schematic I'm going to put the wiper of the pot to VB. Would I use a 10kb pot like the vfe? Then to lug 1 I'm attaching r23 and lug 3 to the junction at r7 where r6 and r23 mix. I'm not sure what series and or parallel resistors I would connect to the lugs of the pot. I guess that would be determined by the value of the pot?

Who the hell is Bucky?