News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Be careful with Mysterioso foot switches

Started by gordo, April 25, 2020, 08:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This one is a classic case of RTFM or at least pay attention to the solder pad shapes.  Take note that the Mysterioso foot switches are rotated 90 from how we'd normally install them.

I, of course, installed them correctly but I just wanted to point this out so nobody makes that mistake.

On a completely separate note, does anybody know who's selling large quantities of copper braid.  I'm, you know, asking for a friend.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

rockola

Quote from: gordo on April 25, 2020, 08:07:22 AM
This one is a classic case of RTFM or at least pay attention to the solder pad shapes.  Take note that the Mysterioso foot switches are rotated 90 from how we'd normally install them.

I, of course, installed them correctly but I just wanted to point this out so nobody makes that mistake.

On a completely separate note, does anybody know who's selling large quantities of copper braid.  I'm, you know, asking for a friend.
Unfortunately my copper braid stock is rather minuscule, but I'll put in a good word for the Engineer SS-02 solder pump, has saved the day for me more than once. If your friend doesn't have one, maybe you could get one as a surprise gift? https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/engineer-ss02-soldersucker/ and wherever fine desoldering equipment is sold.

gordo

Despite the dumba$$ noob move on my part I salvaged the switches and the board.  My solder sucker is nowhere near as nice but with a teflon tip it did a decent job and then got any stragglers with braid.  I was SO ticked off cuz when I started troubleshooting I looked at the square pads for the switches and though: "that just doesn't look right".

This is the first time I've tried Love My Switches "Pre Tinned Ribbon Cable" and it made the board to board wiring super easy.  Highly recommended.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

davent

When the time comes, i'll second that Engineer solder sucker. Even with shipping to Canada, it was a decent deal from Adafruit.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?