News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KiCad 3PDT schematic symbol.....?

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, May 02, 2020, 08:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

This isn't specifically an Eagle question so I'm not putting it there..... (hope that's okay)
Not sure if I'm missing something but I can't find the schematic symbol for a 3PDT switch. I have the Madbean libraries loaded for the component footprints but those are separate things. I can't seem to find a generic schematic symbol......
Can anyone help me out here? Seems like it should be a common enough part that I shouldn't have to create a new symbol to add to the library.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

rockola

mixographer

Sorry to wake this one up after so long. How does that SparkFun Stomp Switch part work? It looks like it has three SPST symbols and then it has the familiar 9 pin footprint, three times! I was using a nice template from http://www.caravanelectroworks.com/?p=418, but I when I generated the board it had three footprints, one for each symbol. (learning kicad is hard.)

Thanks

zombiesonore

It's annoying but KiCAD doesn't have a standard 3PDT symbol.
It's maybe time for you to learn how to create a new symbol, or you can import mine attached.
You need to create you own symbols library and import that file into it.
Mine is associated with madbean's 3PDT footprint.
This symbol is for KiCAD 6.
If you have any difficulty, let me know.

mixographer

Thanks for this. I'll take a look at it. I used the Sparkfun symbols with the three footprints and just deleted two footprints. Problem was the footprint is not for the same switches I keep in stock and the pins didn't quite fit. I think you're right I need to just draw a part that I will understand. Thanks for the help!

Jimmy

Edit: So to use this symbol, do you use three symbols and attach them to one footprint? With all 9 pins?