News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow loris issue.

Started by 9Lives, November 22, 2011, 07:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

I looked around the board and noticed on C9 where it calls for a 1uF box cap and I had one that said 3n3 3.3 I'm guessing that I missread. I don't have that part :/ so now I gotta wait. Do you think think contributed?

jkokura

heck yes.

I say it often, but most errors come down to three things, and this is one of them. Either a wrong or backwards part.

Good find though, it's always safe to assume you've made a mistake rather than getting it perfect.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

You could use a 1uF electrolytic in its place...or 10uF even.

9Lives

I actually tried to use a tantalum and it just humed.. I tried it both directions... Do those not work?

9Lives

on of the leads connects to one of the pot terminals would I use the - in that place?

madbean

Tantalums are sensitive to polarity and you may have killed it by hooking it up backwards. Use another one if you have it (or a plain electrolytic) and hook it up so the minus side faces lug 3 of the volume pot and plus goes toward R9.

With polarized caps, the "+" side always goes toward the higher voltage source.

9Lives

hellz ya! It works! Sounds way better. Now.. One last question for the clippers I used on one side a Ge going into a 4148 and on the other side just a 4148.. Does anyone see an issue with this? Did I do it right? I put mosfets in my proco so when I A/B them the slow loris sound a little raspier. It's sloppy tho and I'm anal about this.. But madbean you rock. I used the 10uF tantalum.

gtr2

Glad you got it working properly.  You can do what your heart desires with the clipping diodes.  I prefer the stock LED's but that's just me.  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

9Lives

standard asymetrical clipping is to just add another 4148 to the series of one side?  I LOVE mosfet but I already did that to my proco. And they won't fit in the enclosure. Do the BS170s sound similar to the irf520's or whatever they are?