News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my zombii works but I'm getting no oscillation

Started by jolly1423, November 21, 2011, 05:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolly1423

This is my first experience with ge tannies. My zombii works and gets some good gain if it's set just right but the sustain doesn't seem to be there and I can't get any kind of oscillation out of it. I used a 68hfe for q2 and a 113 for q3. I have no idea where to start tweaking, was hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

TheCobbenator

Hmm. Turn down the stab and gate and as you turn down the comp it will oscillate. Really any various combinations of turning these too low will make various oscillation. Idk if yours is a gain issue though. I'm not a Dr. I just play one on TV. At least... I wish I did.

Jamiroking

Are you using this pedal by itself or after another pedal. If you put it after a buffered pedal, it really tames the wild zombii. Just wanted to check before we get really in depth.

jolly1423

By itself. Parker pm-20 (humbuckers and coil taping single coils) into a traynor ycv80.

jolly1423

QuoteJust wanted to check before we get really in depth.
Any other thoughts?

dwstanford

Ive experimented with many different transistors in the zombie and ive had that issue with some transistors in similar values.  Usually with higher leakages (over 300u). I would try some different transistors if you have any available.  I like the fuzz face pairs from small bear the best.  (like the sino, us, or similar pairs.)