News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda's shipping options to Canada

Started by electrosonic, May 10, 2020, 08:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrosonic

Anyone ordered from Tayda recently? When ordering I now only see DHL as a shipping option (no postal service option). Is this a new thing?  If I am stuck using DHL, will I see any additional charges on my end?

Thanks!
Andrew

davent

Just put an $8 pcb in the cart and the only shipping option is $10.76 DHL, be a real kick in the stones if there was courier ransom or taxes or duty to pay to get it released.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

mjg

I just ordered some stuff on the weekend, to Australia, and the cheaper shipping options were available.  I think I paid about $5 shipping, which included enclosures.  It was cheaper if I put less weight in.

So it seems to be dependant on destination. 

dan.schumaker

It might depend on where you are.  I just loaded up an order, and I still had the standard shipping option (I'm in the USA).  Although, I did make a JLCPCB order the other week, and the only option they had for shipping was DHL, as opposed to some cheaper options (but I didn't mind, I got my PCB's in under a week, as opposed to the ~3 weeks the slower option takes).

Yahoo67

I am in. Montreal and I always get customs charges on dhl orders. If it's a big order even with Canada Post I get stuck with some custom charges. So now I go dhl...its a lot quicker but in the end it will cost you more... Especially on small orders. !!!

brucer

Quote from: davent on May 10, 2020, 10:30:20 AM
Just put an $8 pcb in the cart and the only shipping option is $10.76 DHL, be a real kick in the stones if there was courier ransom or taxes or duty to pay to get it released.
dave

Quote from: Yahoo67 on May 10, 2020, 05:23:55 PM
I am in. Montreal and I always get customs charges on dhl orders. If it's a big order even with Canada Post I get stuck with some custom charges. So now I go dhl...its a lot quicker but in the end it will cost you more... Especially on small orders. !!!

I'm in Canada and my last 2 Tayda orders were DHL as the only shipping option.  I also had an email from customer service indicating this was a temporary thing:

QuoteBecause of the virus situation; all postal service options have temporarily stopped shipping to some countries including CANADA as well.

For now we can provide only Express Delivery service. But please note that there might be Import Tax upon delivery and we can't estimate how much it can be however we can help you if you need to change invoice total, but we can't guarantee if this will save on import tax for you or not.

So we would like to ask if you would like to cancel your order and we will issue a full refund thru your paypal?

-or-

Would you like to upgrade your shipping method to DHL Express Delivery service? And if you are ok to upgrade to express, we will send you a link to pay for shipping cost differences.

Both orders had a tax and fee surcharge from DHL, so my recommendation is order big to spread the fee out across as many items as possible. 

On the upside, both orders got to me in a week!  Normally it takes 4-6 for their post option.

electrosonic

Thanks for the info.  I hope the cheaper options return before too long.
Andrew.

bsoncini