News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with idea for Stereo Panning Modulation Effects

Started by skyled, May 16, 2020, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyled

Here's the concept:
Modulation effects take in the Dry input, modulate it to make it fully Wet, and then mix it with the Dry signal at the output to create the Mix output.

My idea is to take the modulation LFO and use it to also be the LFO of a stereo panner, maybe with a knob to control how hard the panning is.
The Dry signal is sent to both stereo outputs in a mono-to-split-mono configuration. The panner sends the fully Wet output to the stereo outputs where it is mixed with the Dry outputs to create the effect of only the Mix signal being smoothly panned back and forth. If it works properly, I think it would be an amazing alternative to the more common stereo Wet-only/Dry-only outputs.

JC103

Cool idea!

Mono in, modultaion fx loop, return to panner, stereo out to two amps. With stereo delays this would sounds awesome.

matmosphere

That's a cool idea, I'm currently working on a mono to stereo splitter where each output has a blendable effects loop.

I haven't done any work on switching yet. I was considering doing some type of panning that would slowly shift from one amp to another when a switch was hit, but your idea is far cooler.