News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Urgh, never had this issue before, probably obvious and I don't see it

Started by matmosphere, May 16, 2020, 09:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

You can short the switch with a resistor lead or wire, to test out your theory.  Reading your OP, it is weird that you don't get any signal in the off position.

matmosphere

Thanks everybody.

Problem solved. I started to unbox it tonight to check the connections and notice that as I took out the output jack the lug it connected to on the footswitch jostled around a bit. Plugged it all up and sure enough everything would cut in and out if I moved that lug around. I bypassed the switch and everything seems to work fine now other than the fact that it's always on.  Didn't put in an LED so I suppose I could shift the columns over to the left and pretend its a DPDT. Surprise I didn't catch it earlier.

Feel pretty good about having created the layout and the fact that it actually works.

mjg

cooder

Choice, great you found the spanner in the works. And nice to get a layout going after those gremlins in there.
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Knew it had to be something simple.  Half the time those are the hardest to find because you're looking right at it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on May 18, 2020, 09:07:47 AM
Knew it had to be something simple.  Half the time those are the hardest to find because you're looking right at it.
I can't imagine what you're talking about......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.