News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Adventures in etching the prequel

Started by jimilee, May 17, 2020, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This was the second etch that I'd done,( the last post was the third). If you can't tell by looking, it's the tractor beam phaser.  This etch is from before I found the HP paper, that's why some pits. I didn't feel it was worth my time to paint it to really make the hideousness pop. Thanks the gordo for spotting my bone hard mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Glad to be of help.  Lots of cool sounds to be found in this one, it's a very quirky little pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

That's a real agricultural grunge look!

That's how you sell an etch like this...  ;)
Great job as always Jimi and it's a phaser. Nuff.
BigNoise Amplification

matmosphere

That is awesome!! Best graphic ever. I totally think you should paint it. Just mask off the divots as much as you can because they'll be in the part that is sanded clean anyway

lars

That etch makes the pedal look like it's made of concrete, which is actually pretty cool. Paint it flat gray and fill the labels and tractor graphic in red. It will look great.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

davent

I'd be tempted to coat it with India ink and rub/wipe that off, even more patina & grunge. If it's good, seal it with matte clearcoat, no good, should wash off.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: lars on May 17, 2020, 04:37:28 PM
That etch makes the pedal look like it's made of concrete, which is actually pretty cool. Paint it flat gray and fill the labels and tractor graphic in red. It will look great.
I'd love to k ow how to do that, got a tutorial. I can paint it, and fill it, but how do you do two colors?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

it look very cool, sometimes the accidents are better than perfection, plus this one phases!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 21, 2020, 10:16:24 AM
it look very cool, sometimes the accidents are better than perfection, plus this one phases!
And really, isn't that what we're all after?

ahiddentableau

That graphic is the best thing I've seen in a long time.  Came out great.

rockola

Quote from: jimilee on May 17, 2020, 12:00:50 PM
This etch is from before I found the HP paper, that's why some pits.
Which HP paper is that?

At first I thought it was a cow being beamed up. Now, I'm not so sure. Either way, great otherworldly look!

Stomptown

I think it looks great Jimi!  Nothing wrong with pitting on an etch! 

flanagan0718

Hahahaha! I get it...Tractor-Beam!!! The etch came out great! Good looking build Jimi.
-Mike-

jimilee

Thanks guys. I'm learning.