News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hoof

Started by flanagan0718, May 26, 2020, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey Guys,
Here is a clone of the EQD Hoof. I did this as a trade to my friend Evan. He gave me all the AWESOME Spawn figures before. His original hoof died and was broke due to COVID-19 and him being out of work. He did find a couple more spawn figures and what can I say...I'm a sucker for spawn stuff! So I built him a new Hoof pedal. This is almost a exact copy. I used some 2n2222 Transistors for this build, I think they sound a bit better. This wasn't my cleanest wiring job but hey, they can't all be perfect! HAHA Just kidding. Anyways here are a couple pictures. I didn't shoot a video but we all know what a modified muff sounds like. Enjoy!
-Mike-

jimilee

That looks really good, Mike. Nicely done.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on May 26, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
That looks really good, Mike. Nicely done.

Thanks Jimi. The wiring isn't my best but he needed it pretty quick. So, once it was in and working it was out the door.

cooder

Excellent and sweet looks to boot! Bit of a vintage T-shirt vibe look.
BigNoise Amplification

MTK

Nice work! The Hoof is one of my favorites. Since his died, you might be able to salvage the 1308's from it for this build... depending on how it died. It's probably fixable. Unless it got crushed by a tank or something.

Bio77

That came out awesome! The color reminds me of Silly Putty. 

flanagan0718

Quote from: MTK on May 27, 2020, 12:20:57 AM
Nice work! The Hoof is one of my favorites. Since his died, you might be able to salvage the 1308's from it for this build... depending on how it died. It's probably fixable. Unless it got crushed by a tank or something.
Yeah once the things go back to normal (ish) he is going to drop it off for me to fix. He likes the clone I built for him better. He said it sounds more dense. That's probably due to the 2n2222 transistors I put in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockola

Quote from: Bio77 on May 27, 2020, 09:16:07 AM
The color reminds me of Silly Putty.
The color is spot on "vispipuuro" aka "whipped lingonberry porridge." https://www.food.com/recipe/whipped-lingonberry-porridge-vispipuuro-457381

MTK

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 27, 2020, 11:25:14 AM
Yeah once the things go back to normal (ish) he is going to drop it off for me to fix. He likes the clone I built for him better. He said it sounds more dense. That's probably due to the 2n2222 transistors I put in there.

Cool. Mine are socketed, I'll give it a shot.

Philthy

Nice. Love the Hoof.