News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ping Reverb planning

Started by isoceles, May 27, 2020, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isoceles

I'm working on a couple of Ping Reverb builds - or I should say that I'm planning to work on a couple. The right-angle 9mm 100kB dual-gang pots seem a little hard to get right now what with Small Bear being temporarily closed. I was thinking about just trying 16mm pots and putting the whole thing into maybe a 125B so that the 16mm pots will fit. But I'm not sure what problems I will run into trying to do this. Anytime I have tried to deviate from the build doc on a project I have run into trouble. Because of that, I try to stay as true to the build doc as possible usually. And besides artwork, getting things to fit properly into an enclosure is one of the things I am worst at. What problems do you think I will run into here? Or - is there another place I can get the *same style* dual-gang 9mm right-angled 100kB pots as the build doc that I'm not seeing? Mouser is the web equivalent of a large chain warehouse store.  :)

jimilee

Depending on your wiring skills, you won't have any difference. the only difference in the two pots is the size.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

isoceles

Many thanks! I have several 1590B enclosures, but I feel like that might be going a little too small. I may give the 1590B a try anyway!