News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dead End FX Grimafuzz

Started by Hexjibber, May 28, 2020, 01:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Hellooo out there, hope everyone is staying well!

Latest project is the Grimafuzz from Dead End FX. I recently built the PedalPCB Super Heterodyne Receiver and really liked the fuzz section of it, a Madbean forum member was kind enough to point me in the direction of a DeadEndFx board of just that section of the PLL so got on it straight away! It's a thick, nasty, somewhat gated fuzz thing and I dig it! The board also has some cool features such as a blend pot so it can be used on bass.

Reverse etched and then painted, also tried some splatter painting for something a bit different, I really like how it came out.

cooder

Sweetyness and that etch came out great! Very tidy! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

somnif

The color scheme makes me think of Welcome to Night Vale, I dig it.

mjg

That's an etch?  Holy crap.  Nicely done!

Hexjibber

Betty Wont

There it is! nice work. I really dig this circuit.

nzCdog

lars

That etch looks like a silkscreen. Impressive. I can't decide which of your two recent build posts I like better. This one or the Aztec Factory:  https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=31350.0
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

matmosphere

Damn, that is a thing of beauty!! Nice work

Hexjibber

Thanks guys, had more of a sit down session with this pedal over the weekend, I'm really into it now!

m-Kresol

impressive build as I have come to expect from you. I really dig the colour blend and the dark area at the trigger pot is the icing on the cake. this surely isn't easy to really get that smooth.
kudos!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

BricksnBeatles

Was just digging around to see if there were any builds of the Grimafuzz online, and found this build report. Really fantastic looking build!