News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bloodstone Phaser (with extra fairies)

Started by rockola, June 03, 2020, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockola

Here's my build of the Bloodstone phaser by Lectric-FX.

Front. Illustration shamelessly cribbed from the "Never Never Land" album cover by Pink Fairies. Redrawn with Inkscape. Laser decal and a touch of spray can lacquer.

Guts.

Couldn't get it to fire up at first (what else is new), was getting weird voltages, so decided to swap all the opamps. Wouldn't you know it, that did the trick.

Here's the original quartet of what I presume to be fake 4558s. Probably bought from some Chinese eBay seller some years ago when I didn't know any better. The good ones that you can see in the gutshot are from Tayda.

Here's a sound demo. Dimed Rate knob makes the Phaser mode sound almost like a ring modulator.
0:00-0:43 Vibe mode, 5 different Rate settings
0:43-1:42 Phaser, min feedback, 6 different Rate settings
1:43-2:37 Phaser, max feedback, 6 different Rate settings
2:38-3:25 Something resembling a tune with sane settings

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/slartibartslow/bloodstone-phaser[/soundcloud]

jimilee

I really dig that phaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

That looks great!  I'm not a Phaser Overlord but I also love this build.

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on June 03, 2020, 01:02:51 PM
That looks great!  I'm not a Phaser Overlord but I also love this build.
Blasphemy!!! Phaser overlord you should be.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Awesome build as always.  Your graphics are so detailed.  That demo really nails the range of sounds this thing gets.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Very cool and neat graphics! Certainly some fairy dust and rainbows going on there ;). Thanks for the demo too, great to hear!
BigNoise Amplification