News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

International shipments update #2

Started by madbean, June 10, 2020, 06:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

This really pains me but I am suspending all international orders for the time being. There are simply too many instances of delayed delivery and possible lost shipments. This is unfair to customers and potentially financially harmful to mbp. This is a temporary measure although I'm not sure how long it will last. Hopefully not more than a few weeks.

USA and Canada orders will still be processed and shipped as usual.

For all international customers: please do not hesitate to PM or email me if you have reached the 60 day threshold (meaning you have not received your package 60 days after it was shipped). I will offer refunds for all orders that have not been delivered. I will not be re-shipping any orders until I know that things have returned to normal.

I'm very sorry that it has come to this. I wish there was more than I could do but protecting your $$ (and mine) is the better choice for all involved.

Govmnt_Lacky

It seems that the problems are in the Customs Clearance centers. I have had a package sitting at Customs NY for over 10 days with no movement. The worst part is they are independent so calling the USPS does nothing. They just say "Sorry but, we have no say once it arrives at Customs."

Sad...

jimilee

I ordered 2 TAPLFO chips 2 months ago, from Electric Druid, that never showed up. They graciously sent another set, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure the problem is in customs also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mjg

Just had a Tayda order arrive (shipped via DHL), so things are getting through, if somewhat slowly.  Took 38 days, for some thing that normally takes about 10 days.

It looks like it sat for 2 weeks in Singapore and sat for another 2 weeks either in customs in Australia or Thailand. 

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 13, 2020, 07:32:31 AM
It seems that the problems are in the Customs Clearance centers. I have had a package sitting at Customs NY for over 10 days with no movement. The worst part is they are independent so calling the USPS does nothing. They just say "Sorry but, we have no say once it arrives at Customs."

Sad...

More info....

The place where my shipment is sitting is called ISC New York (ISC = International Service Center) and apparently, they are a clandestine mail organization that is not affiliated with anyone but, they are supposed to "expedite" international mail.

USPS says they are not a part of them. Just heard back from US Customs and they say ISC is not them either. When you call them, phone rings endlessly until it just hangs up.

pickdropper

I had a pedal sit in customs in Italy for over a month.  A couple shipments to Canada took a month as well.  Funky times.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 16, 2020, 06:49:22 AM
More info....

The place where my shipment is sitting is called ISC New York (ISC = International Service Center) and apparently, they are a clandestine mail organization that is not affiliated with anyone but, they are supposed to "expedite" international mail.

USPS says they are not a part of them. Just heard back from US Customs and they say ISC is not them either. When you call them, phone rings endlessly until it just hangs up.

Soooo.... this is truly bizarre....

Submitted a "Search for my package" request via the USPS website this morning. Just checked tracking on my package.

Miraculously.... it is "Out for Delivery"  :o

Showed it at ISC New York on 5 June. Next entry was "Arrived at local Post Office" on 16 June and Out for Delivery  ???

Now, I wonder if it has been sitting at my local post office for all that time. Ugg!!!

JamesMc

Chances are that it was not just sitting at your local PO.  The more likely explanation is that the USPS sucks at accurately tracking packages.

I have had similar experiences with a package where the "label created, waiting for item to arrive at PO" message was the only posting on the tracking site for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden the package shows up at my door.  No updates between the west coast and Texas.  I'm pretty sure it made a stop along the way...

Another time I got a delivery notification the same day I got notification it was received by the originating PO.  Again, I'm pretty sure it didn't make it from Colorado to my house in 1 day...

hasanova

My international order was shipped on 25th of April. Today I finally got it in my mailbox. It took 53 days... Normaly, my orders reach here within 14 days.

I understand your decision Brian. Let's hope things get better, soon. Stay safe and enjoy building & making sounds.

Haberdasher

I don't know if this will help anyone but here's a detailed list from USPS of specific countries that have service interruptions "Due to Foreign Postal Operator Service Suspension" and "Due to Unavailability of Transportation".  https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

I'm still going to try my luck shipping to countries not on those lists for the time being.  Then again, I don't ship nearly as many packages as the bean-man, so I've only had a couple of instances of packages not showing up.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

For whatever reason, some customers are still attempting to place international orders. Every time this happens, I eat the 3% Paypal transaction fee when I refund and cancel the order. So, I'm going to have to be a bit of a jerk from here on out and keep that 3% on any further instances. There is sufficient notice on the Store page saying international orders are suspended so it's hard to believe people aren't seeing it.

aion

Quote from: madbean on July 05, 2020, 09:01:08 AM
For whatever reason, some customers are still attempting to place international orders. Every time this happens, I eat the 3% Paypal transaction fee when I refund and cancel the order. So, I'm going to have to be a bit of a jerk from here on out and keep that 3% on any further instances. There is sufficient notice on the Store page saying international orders are suspended so it's hard to believe people aren't seeing it.

I... was not aware this was a thing, but apparently they enacted this change in October of last year? Bunch of blood suckers.

They used to refund the fee (not the flat 30 cents, but the 2.9%) and would even do it proportionally in case of a partial refund.