News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bought a soldano x88r pedal.. seems to be the only maker?

Started by movinginslomo, June 10, 2020, 07:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movinginslomo

Tim, builds as Master Effects out of canada, it sounds great. (And he had just happened to have built one when I asked about it) But looking up the circuit online it's the same guy on a forum post.. has no one else done this before? I'd have thought it was more common. Unless people aren't into the 80's rack saturation thing. Anyone else tackle this before? I've been trying to find a high gain pedal in the pre-amp or hot rodded marshall territory to use in my dinky live rig. (blues Jr. if you believe it!) Can't afford the real thing (nor the volume). Anyone else after this goal?

Willybomb

I'm actually in the process of building one now.  It's actually finished, but I'm changing the booster I put in (a modified Superjudge with set low gain, high and low pass filters, volume pot only), with a Tayda Treble Booster pcb, hopefully tonight.

The vero layout is in the Tagboard forums and works, although I've had to leave the 22p off the last jfet that goes to the treble pot as it just refuses to work with that connected.  Other than that it works, but the eq is only moderately effective overall.

Mine is dual channel, and has a pre boost.  I'm also doing the same thing with a Fetto and Plexidrive.

movinginslomo

Do you get thick enough gain out of it? Maybe I'm asking too much out of it since I'm comparing it to a modeled preset on my old pod XT that is based off the real thing

Willybomb

I found that using medium gain pickups didn't seem to really get that 80's metal sound out of it, hence my build with a pre-boost.  My Tonezone and JB were fine though, TZ more so than the JB.