Started by Thomas_H, June 11, 2020, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: Thomas_H on June 12, 2020, 06:11:01 AM
Test signal currently is a square wave.
Unit would be prepopulated with SMD parts and you need to solder the switches and loudspeaker yourself.

I am aiming below USD 20 for the kit.
Are the parts included or where would you get the loudspeaker? Is the tip included too? I'm very intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thomas_H

The switches and loudspeaker are included and by the time the pens I ordered for sale arrive also the testing pins I ordered will be here and everything is in the kit.

Currently testing different speakers ;-)

I am also checking if I can get testclips like the one in the video of decent quality to include it as well but it might not work out.

Thomas
DIY-PCBs and projects:

jimilee

Quote from: Thomas_H on June 12, 2020, 05:45:29 PM
The switches and loudspeaker are included and by the time the pens I ordered for sale arrive also the testing pins I ordered will be here and everything is in the kit.

Currently testing different speakers ;-)

I am also checking if I can get testclips like the one in the video of decent quality to include it as well but it might not work out.

Thomas
Sold! I like the splitter for the 9v, that's really helpful in on desk cord reduction. I'm in man, this sounds like a great project. My audio probe is sorely lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Lubdar

This is awesome!!!
  I rarely have to probe my pedals, but when I need to I always struggle and often just abandon the populated PCB.  This would be a great tool to help me resurrect alot of PCBs in my box-of-failures!!!

best regards
(--c^.^)--c

EBK

In theory, could I use this as a tiny, albeit not-great-sounding, guitar amp (ignoring the square wave injection bits)?  Just a weird thought, I suppose (thinking about basic listening tests to see if pedal controls are working, etc.)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

thesmokingman

if I didn't already own a wire tracer I'd be in for one ... there's a ridiculous overlap in tools between my work and hobbies
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Thomas_H

Quote from: EBK on June 12, 2020, 11:55:09 PM
In theory, could I use this as a tiny, albeit not-great-sounding, guitar amp (ignoring the square wave injection bits)?  Just a weird thought, I suppose (thinking about basic listening tests to see if pedal controls are working, etc.)

Yes, you can. You will be able to hear any signal that is comming through the test pen - although not very HiFi like :-)

Thomas
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Muadzin

Seeing your vid where you describe following the signal path on the schematic I can't help but think how helpful it would be if the signal path was also shown with a similar colored line or tiny arrows on a pcb.