News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mimir's Well build

Started by gordo, June 11, 2020, 01:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This is too much fun.  I bought the board from MAS-Effects and it was kitted with the TFT display, Arduino Nano, and banks of patches.  Cutting up the box wasn't too bad.  I used a dremel and then cleaned up the edges with a file.  MAS supplied the vinyl decal as well.

Think of it as 4xFV-1's with a display showing the patch name (or bypass) and what each of the knobs do.  Given the complexity of the project it was a pretty easy build.  I added a PedalPCB bypass.  I like the momentary function and it's a LED-to-ground switch as opposed to most other bypass' (including mine).

I, of course, didn't have the right switch so am waiting for a delivery from Lawrence over at LMS as well as some proper knobs.  Since I'll have to pull the guts to add the switch I'm thinking I'll add a clock board to replace the crystal and make the clock an external knob.  I picked the Tayda "matte violet" enclosure because, well, it's matte violet.  Real Mimirs' are either black or white.

I'll update photos when it's complete but here's what I have so far.  And yes, I cleaned the flux schmootz off the board around the rotary switch.  And yes, the display is sunken at the top left a tad.  It'll get anchored when I finish it.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Quote from: gordo on June 11, 2020, 01:48:54 PM
And yes, I cleaned the flux schmootz off the board around the rotary switch. 
Thank you!  ;)
Nice build!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Man, what an awesome effect. 89.00 isn't bad for the DIY version. I might need to have one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Super build, exciting stuff!
What's the advantage to make the clock board tweakable with external knob?
Can you compare the sounds and quality of sounds to other FV-1 things you might have built and heard?
Cheers!
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Impressive gordo, cool project and excellent execution 8)