News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PT2399 Question - only wet output possible?

Started by matmosphere, June 11, 2020, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I vaguely remember reading something about this at some point.

Is it possible to build a PT2399 delay where the initial note is not in the mix, so the output is only the repeats? It's something I can do on my Boss DD6, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do it with a DIY pedal.

madbean

Yes, it is very easy. You simply kill the dry signal. You can do this with a switch, a Dry volume control or a blend control that puts the dry to ground when you turn it fully CW.

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on June 11, 2020, 06:37:27 PM
Yes, it is very easy. You simply kill the dry signal. You can do this with a switch, a Dry volume control or a blend control that puts the dry to ground when you turn it fully CW.

Want to make sure I got this correct. I added a switch between pin 15 and the mix pot, would that work?

madbean

It would not work in this design. If you look again at the Repeat knob there's always a path for the dry signal to the output.

Actually, this design probably won't sound very good, IMO. Input impedance is way too low and there is insufficient filtering in the LPF-1 input. Also, your delay output is out of phase with the input.

matmosphere

Facepalm, I have no idea how I missed that. D'oh

Thanks Bean.

Expectation is that it won't sound great. It's called the Crap-Fi delay, I stumbled on it when I was looking at diystompboxes. Decided to try it cause I have this idea in the back of my head to make a wet only delay, and I have all the parts here from a different project. I've been on a bit of a low-fi, low part count kick as of late. Seems like no matter what I keep going back to runoff groove and circuit snippets for inspiration.