News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bimmy - Dual channel Timmy with switchable bass mods

Started by Willybomb, June 12, 2020, 06:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Meet Bimmy, a dual channel Timmy with clean blend and input cap selection.

So, this is a commission build.  The character artwork, who I believe is called "Dropkick", was supplied by the client, and he wanted silver knobs.  Not sure that I'm a fan of the silver knobs as they're a bit hard to read but anyway.  The other artwork was done by me.

So, the blend is supplied by Paulinthelabs' buffered Y-splitter, and I added a tone control to the clean blend via 10n to ground and a 100k pot acting as the resistor in that lowpass filter.  Works a lot better on a guitar than on bass afaict.

The bass/guitar switch switches between 1uf and the stock 47n.

I had some massive issues wiring this up.  As with the Crunchbox, to switch out gain pots you need to switch out pins 2 and 3 rather than just pin 1.  When I finally got that working, the lead to vol 3 broke off the vero and I spent ages trying to fix and clean that up, just to find that the output (which is the master output) from pin 2 on the blend pot had come off.

It's a little wonky on the drilling, so I'll probably discount the balance owing (I always get 50% up front from internet randoms for custom builds). Still to tidy up a little inside with zip ties, but it's not bad.

Willy.

cooder

Pretty cool and the graphics are a hoot! What enclosure size is that?
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

That's an NS/XX from Tayda.  Pretty nice size for dual builds, about the same size as two boss pedals side by side.

Willybomb

Philthy

mjg

Cool, and good to see you are still building even if it's for others.

Willybomb

QuoteNo discount required I reckon.
None was given.  I was pretty happy with it.

QuoteCool, and good to see you are still building even if it's for others.
Thanks.  I'm not quite finished yet, still got a few in the production line to complete for myself.  Probably have the same number for others though too...