News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TH Custom Re-Verb v4.0 Build not working

Started by rpark71, June 15, 2020, 08:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpark71

Hi all,

First build and of course, once completed, it doesn't seem to be working. I thought I'd test before placing into enclosure, which turns out to be wise. I get no signal. Have tired with battery and 9v power. LED doesn't light (it was tested). When plugged into amp and switch the foot switch I get either the guitar through the amp, so signal is getting through, switch again and get constant hum/buzz, so still no lit LED...or reverb! Any thoughts on issue or what and how to check?

thanks, Rich

matmosphere

As far as the LED, there is pads for a resistor on the foot switch pcb. You need to put a 4k7 resistor to limit current to the led otherwise the led will burn out. If you put in a resistor and replace the led that part will probably be fixed.

For the other stuff, can you take some closer pictures of the back and front of both boards? It sounds like a ground problem

matmosphere

Looking again o think you need to connect the ground from the dc jack to the foot switch board. I think it has a pad in the top left by the 9v pad to do so.

You can either do it from a spare pad on the main board or from the dc jack. I'm guessing that will do it.

Put in a resistor on the foot switch first. There's a chance the led didn't burn out because there was no ground connection.

Good luck.

rpark71

Thanks for reply and possible issues to look that - the switch board that came with the kit from Musikding doesn't say anything about a resistor being required on the wiring diagram supplied. I've added a few more photos. thanks again for the suggestions.

matmosphere

You definitely need the resistor. Even if it's not on the doc it needs the resistor otherwise you'll keep blowing leds.

As far as the ground, there is no continuity between the ground on the board and the ground on the switch and there definitely needs to be.

rpark71

Ok, great, thanks for the advice - I think I actually understand what you mean! I'll add a 4k7 resistor to the switch board and a ground wire from the main board to the switch board as I see there's spare GND pads on each.

So disappointing when nothing works - hopefully this will solve it!

thanks again!

matmosphere

rpark71

Yes...I have Reverb!

Just made those changes you suggested, adding the 4.7k resistor on the switch pcb and a ground wire between the two pcb's and LED is on (hadn't burnt out), and all controls and switches working - sounds really cool - alot of different sounds with the feedback and deep switch. Thanks so much for your help!  ;D

matmosphere