News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build Report: DustBunny in unnecessarily large enclosure

Started by NF Audio, June 17, 2020, 02:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NF Audio

Hi everyone!

Been a long time since I built a guitar pedal but I had a fuzzy itch I had to scratch. Just finished up on this DustBunny. Really enjoyed it and happy with how it sounds! I just used all BC108's. I had grand plans of doing a full shootout of transistor combos but it sounds good and the lid is on so I don't imagine myself ever getting around to that!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VKABiNFH-uY

gordo

Brutal.  Nice job!  Stuffing into 1590A's is highly over rated :-)

Video nails it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I love it, nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Philthy

Nice, just finishing one off myself.
What transistors did you use?

matmosphere

Very cool! I'll echo Gordo, 1590a is more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. I love the way you did the faceplate.

Nice video, I suspect that is a cool tele custom hiding behind the pedal there.

benny_profane

Faceplate and the knobs are killer! I do enjoy the challenge of 1590a builds, but huge enclosures are also tons of fun. Nice work!

NF Audio

Quote from: gordo on June 17, 2020, 02:57:24 PM
Brutal.  Nice job!  Stuffing into 1590A's is highly over rated :-)

Video nails it.

Yeah... life's too short for 1590a hehe

NF Audio

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 17, 2020, 06:54:48 PM
Very cool! I'll echo Gordo, 1590a is more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. I love the way you did the faceplate.

Nice video, I suspect that is a cool tele custom hiding behind the pedal there.

Thank you kind sir. Well spotted. Would you believe that it is a Tele Custom that I went to huge lengths to have a new pickguard made for (I'm left handed) in tortoiseshell, with a single-coil cutout where the humbucker used to be...

NF Audio

NF Audio

Quote from: benny_profane on June 17, 2020, 07:26:11 PM
Faceplate and the knobs are killer! I do enjoy the challenge of 1590a builds, but huge enclosures are also tons of fun. Nice work!

Thank you kindly sir! I'll have to give a 1590a go some time... these hammond stompbox boxes are awesome and fun though hey?!