News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My First Pedal From a Schematic

Started by skypn, June 18, 2020, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skypn

I spent most of the hiatus trying to complete at least one working pedal. After many many mistakes, all of which I learned from, I've finally have one. Its a clone of the Bazz Fuzz with an added blender to tame it for the Bass.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the latest offering from Nelson Audio...The Scuzz Bucket.

And the required gut shot

I like the way it sounds, but man is it scuzzy. I made a few layout mistakes, but I had a working PCB, so I went with it.
Operator 217 is a nod to my daughter Liz, which is 217 upside down.
I would like to thank everyone who replied to my many posts asking questions.
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake

mjg

Very cool.  I like the labels that you've come up with.  Have you etched that PCB yourself? 

matmosphere

Awesome, especially for a first build!!! Love that circuit!

So I don't think you need to specify it as being a "clone" it is just a Bazz Fuzz. It is a DIY project and you built one Therefore it is a Bazz Fuzz

skypn

Thanks for the compliments guys.
mjg, yes I etched the board myself. The couple of times I'd tried prefboard, when I had to remove a part for troubleshooting, I found it to be a major pain in the keister. I used waterslide decals (which I had some trouble with my printer not wanting to play well with others) for the graphics. I love the way the "80's" pinks and blues look against the bare aluminum.
Matmosphere, I refereed to it as a clone as to not to take credit for the design.

3tonesnd

Looks awesome! Did you cover the enclosure with something over the decal? I tried self-adhesive decals, they scratch end tear off easily(
Pardon my english

skypn

3tonesnd, yes, I covered it with many thin coats of clear coat, then Turtle Wax.