News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Product idea - 1590a height extender

Started by Philthy, June 21, 2020, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

For those with 3D printing capabilities (not me) I think a great idea for a product would be a say a 10mm gasket that fits between the enclosure and the lid to effectively deepen it to enable socketing of transistors/larger caps etc.

Thoughts?

mattc

Make it a light plate and it can do double duty.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Philthy

Philthy

Quote from: jimilee on June 21, 2020, 07:09:02 PM
"They" do make a 1590T enclosure.

They don't look like a tall 1590a though :o

CodeMonk

My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

MTK

Yeah. The Smallbear 1590A-tall is excellent. It's about .25" taller.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dan.schumaker

That takes all the (evil, masochistic, only-a-crazy-person would take this on) fun out of it  ;D

matmosphere

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 22, 2020, 06:40:29 AM
That takes all the (evil, masochistic, only-a-crazy-person would take this on) fun out of it  ;D

Are you trying to tell us something about yourself Dan?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 22, 2020, 07:15:35 AM

You guys know my affinity for 1590A builds, you already know I have a few screws loose  ;)

benny_profane

If you don't go with a larger box, I think the best route would be to breadboard the circuit before committing to component choices. 1590a builds are—usually—rather straightforward and should be pretty quick to put together on a breadboard. Unless you plan on routinely swapping out components, of course.

matmosphere

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 22, 2020, 07:41:00 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on June 22, 2020, 07:15:35 AM

You guys know my affinity for 1590A builds, you already know I have a few screws loose  ;)

It's 2020 man, I was just wondering if you have any screws left?  ;D ;)

DLW