News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone out there flying hobby drones?

Started by gordo, June 25, 2020, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I don't mean military strikes, although I have been flying sorties on the local wildlife, just the hobby stuff.  I picked up a DJI Mavic Mini a few weeks ago (upon finding out that I'm likely going to be working from home well into next year).  Something I've wanted to fiddle with for years.  I never did get into R/C aircraft, mostly due to lack of time and $$$.

The thing shoots great photos and video and is a panic to fly.  Has decent range, uses my phone as the camera/navigation viewport, and has about a 20+ minute run time depending on how much time it has to spend fighting the wind.  I haven't had it up over 250' yet due to the layers of wind that are typical away from the lake in the Chicago suburbs.  I have to keep it under 1000'

This is the wife and dog at the neighbor's pond.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Muadzin

Having seen a lot of drone shots from the guys at advchina I have been kinda long term lusting after a drone myself. Winston made amazing footage of massive Chinese cities when they were still there.

jkokura

I'd love one, but never got one. The Mavic Air was the one I always had my eye on.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

culturejam

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. It does amazing video and is a breeze to fly. I just wish the range was better. I may sell it and get one of the newer Phantom models with the much improved transmitter range and better GPS.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

Kinda wish I held out for the Air 2 but this one is keeping me entertained.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?