News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Redshift Phaser

Started by gordo, June 27, 2020, 07:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Jimi, while we're waiting for the Glasshole (I think mine gets here Monday), here's Aion's new RedShift.  I figured you'd get a kick out of it.  Was a no brainer for me (and I'm not even really a phaser guy) with all the switches and blinky lights :-)  I'm waiting for parts (who runs out of sockets now that Tayda exists???!!!)

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

That's looks great. I saw that on the website, but didn't dig into it. Nicely done. Your decals look great. Now that I figured out a way to paint enclosures on my balcony, I'm gonna start painting them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

I'm so torn with this, or waiting for for Brian's board. I'll likely wait for Brian's because I don't need two presets and it will be cheaper. It's looking great so far, can't wait to see your finished product!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 27, 2020, 10:50:10 AM
I'm so torn with this, or waiting for for Brian's board. I'll likely wait for Brian's because I don't need two presets and it will be cheaper. It's looking great so far, can't wait to see your finished product!

Uh, you can build both? Nobody needs all the phasers and yet I do!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on June 27, 2020, 10:57:26 AM

I need one of all the phasers, when I build my glasshole it will be the 3rd mutron phaser I've built in 6 months lol. I have like 5 other phasers to build still.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 27, 2020, 11:06:41 AM
Quote from: jimilee on June 27, 2020, 10:57:26 AM

I need one of all the phasers, when I build my glasshole it will be the 3rd mutron phaser I've built in 6 months lol. I have like 5 other phasers to build still.

Nice. There are so many more to build. The Ross phaser clone is one that stayed on my board when I was gigging.

DLW

Looks good so far! I have my board ready to populate once I get a break from work.

Does anybody have more info (a link?) to the Whetstone that Brian is developing? I might have to build 3 of these... SMD board I designed to fit in 1590BB, Aion's, Brian's!

gordo

I was drawn to this one when I heard Andy's (Proshop) demo of the Whetstone.  I'd never heard of it and when Brian started talking about it I googled it and was really impressed.  Do I need it?  Of course not, it's a Small Stone with $20 in switches.  Will I get Brian's?  Of course I will.  This was just too fun looking to pass up and I love Kevin's work.

I've never built the Mutron so the Glasshole variant will be nice.  Plus, how can you pass up a project called Glasshole?

Completely off topic but my other big score this week was Dave Barber's LTD Silver.  I've never played a Barber and much like The Cliff it has a low to mid gain thing covered in spades and very linear fade to silence.  Very impressive.

I really need to get back to the office...being so close to my work bench down here I'm about up to my ears in new builds.  Good problem to have I guess and thankful I'm working at all.
Gordy Power

somnif

Perhaps you know the answer to this.

I contacted Aion but haven't gotten a response, but any idea if this is based on the v1 or v2 of the Whetstone? I know the v2 was "improved" but haven't really seen any specifics past that, and I'm just curious.

gordo

That's a good question because I think the demo I saw was a V2.  Not entirely sure what the difference is.
Gordy Power

cooder

Looking great, will be cool to see finished! Nice clean graphics and look! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on June 27, 2020, 02:07:48 PM
That's a good question because I think the demo I saw was a V2.  Not entirely sure what the difference is.
https://www.moogaudio.com/en/blackout-effectors-whetstone

gordo

Thanks Jimi.  I suspect Kevin would have worked with latest and greatest (production stopped in 2018).

Aion, you out there?
Gordy Power

chongmagic

Quick question, do the rate lights blink?

jimilee

Quote from: chongmagic on July 03, 2020, 05:05:01 PM

Quick question, do the rate lights blink?
I'm with you, you know it serious when the lights are blindly.