News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Swah

Started by rockola, June 27, 2020, 11:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockola

Quote from: Yahoo67 on June 28, 2020, 07:31:21 AM
This circuit is really fun but I would highly recommend mounting the bias pot as a knob :/ you really loose a lot with having it inside as a trimpot imo ....!
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 28, 2020, 10:34:13 AM
how does it respond and sound compared to other filters?
Only played with it briefly so far but it seems to be a little too subtle for my taste. (Nothing exceeds like excess!) Would messing about with the bias make the effect more pronounced?

Bursarboy

I built this one too & love it.  A few tips for getting more pronounced effect: keep guitar volume up, hit the strings with some degree of force & set the resonance fairly high (you can reduce once you start hearing more of the effect).

Sensitivity knob is a bit odd - for me at least, setting it lower (9:00 say) means MORE sensitivity.  Maybe I wired it backwards... Setting the bias trimmer in the middle or so wound up being a little darker so I went a little higher.  I agree with putting the bias outside the enclosure, but it's not a dealbreaker.  You really have to set this while playing.

T

Yahoo67

I sold mine a while back but the way I remember it the bias trimmer controls the frequency of the filter. So let's say you wanna plays mostly low notes you would turn it down and higher ones turn it up to have a more pronounced filter sound.

If I were you I would open it up and play around with the bias trimmer, if you then think you would want it as a knob and don't wanna waist that oh so good looking on art, I am pretty sure that a 9mm pot would fit on the side of the enclosure, my guess is that you used a 125b enclosure, if so it should be talk enough to have nice and snug under the pcb :).

jimilee

Do a forum search for autobahn, its an swaw type pedal on steroids. Kief can etch one for you; I believe it has everything you want. I prefer it to a straight swaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.