News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini mu zener value

Started by gordo, June 27, 2020, 06:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I went thru the patreon docs but can't find any reference to the zener in the switchboard for the Mini Mu project.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Aentons

Quote from: madbean on June 27, 2020, 06:51:40 PM
A 12v is fine.
Did you mean 16v? That's the one most of them use. The VFE site has the power listed as 9-15v

irvmuller

I put an 18v on there before reading this. Will that work or do I need to go ahead and change it?

madbean

Quote from: Aentons on June 27, 2020, 07:04:07 PM
Did you mean 16v? That's the one most of them use. The VFE site has the power listed as 9-15v

The TC7662B has a maximum operational voltage of 15v. So, if you have a well regulated 15v supply and plan on using that then a 16v Zener is appropriate. If you only plan on ever using a 9v supply, then a 12v is sufficient enough.

Quote from: irvmuller on July 06, 2020, 07:56:03 PM
I put an 18v on there before reading this. Will that work or do I need to go ahead and change it?

Using an 18v zener will not protect the chip against over-voltage should you plug in an 18v adapter. However, if you are generally careful and only ever use 9v then you probably do not need to replace it. It's just a question on how much you trust yourself :)

I will update the switching doc to include the correct zener value for the MiniMu.