News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small & 'Weird' Effects

Started by mmlee, July 01, 2020, 08:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmlee

Hi,
Fixing up my mates broken Bad Stone has given me the bug to start up this hobby again (will see how long that lasts).

I want to put a little something extra in the package when I send his Bad Stone back so, any suggestions for any small and weird effects I could build up and gift them?

Cheers
>Marcus

davent

Maybe something from the Tim Escobedo catalogue, personally haven't made any of these but...

http://www.jiggawoo.eclipse.co.uk/guitarhq/Circuitsnippets/snippets.html
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

I second Dave's suggestion. I've build a bunch of the Escobedo stuff. The Bronx Cheer and Jawari are both great but they both need a small transformer if you have any buffers in the chain, so not super small. The thing modulator and PWM can be tiny and are lots of fun

somnif

One of my favorite "weird" effects is the Clari(not). This weird, enveloped-floppy-tape echo... thing. I've made several for friends over the years, and it's a pretty simple build.

matmosphere

Quote from: somnif on July 01, 2020, 01:33:14 PM
One of my favorite "weird" effects is the Clari(not). This weird, enveloped-floppy-tape echo... thing. I've made several for friends over the years, and it's a pretty simple build.

The clari(not) is the amazing, but I thought it was maybe to big for the OP's idea. Just love it, but I have to admit than when I first read the original post I thought the intention was to put some other small effects into the housing of the other pedal.. facepalm.. now I see.

DLW

I'll third the Escobedo circuits. The Ugly Face is another verified, silly effect.