News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First couple builds in weeks

Started by Thewintersoldier, July 12, 2020, 01:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I recently got a new amp and have been playing more recently. The past couple years I have been playing my tweed amp and missed my deluxe reverb. I sold a guitar and got a vintage sound 35sc to go with my tungsten buckwheat. Having the tweed amp I got the overdrive thing down, but having a blackface again I needed to build some overdrive's cause I don't have many. Enter the classic tube screamer. This one is built on a pedalpcb oasis which is an EQD dunes clone. I used to have a dunes and it was my favorite TS variant. Then I recycled a drilled out enclosure and filled the holes and painted it. I built the EP-3 preamp on an Aion board. Subbed a 10n cap for the  47u on the switch like the chase tone secret pre. I never had one of these before but the added harmonic content and sparkle are really nice.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Drew Hallenbeck

Very nice indeed. The hits just keep on coming!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Those look awesome! I love a tube screamer, still my favorite overdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys. And yes Jimi, single coils with a deluxe reverb and tube screamer is THE sound. I did the double barrel recently and that's got a TS in it but I haven't had a standalone TS in a while and this hit the spot.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?