News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent giveaways.

Started by jjjimi84, July 15, 2020, 10:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I recently had the opportunity to have guitar lessons with two of my personal guitar heroes and with my webcam back drop being all pedals they were curious and I offered to send a bunch there way. Here is some of what was sent....

ZEE UBER TUBER, I love this pedal and for the longest time it sat unpainted and then inspiration struck. It needed a cult of distortion member and once I did one I decided to paint another. They need more distortion, they need you to flip the switch.
Built on 12/07/2018 and painted 03/08/2020

Here is a Woodstork, built 01/14/2019 and painted the day before shipping 05/04/2020. Super great fuzz and the image came from a childrens book I read to my son one night. The fastest I have ever painted anything and it kinda shows.

Here is the VFE Merman, I tried to paint the name of a song title from this players solo album. This is the Jacofish and is a standard VFE Merman, was built 08/15/2019 and painted 06/27/2020.

Here are a bunch that I posted on the PedalPCB.com forum of those builds.

Procrastinator, a slow gear clone. Built never bonded with it, painted a flower on it for my moms birthday present.

Mantle Fuzz, MXR Blue Box clone. My sone said it sounded like ogre farts, here is an ogre farting.

Sea Horse, EQD Sea Machine.

Bayonet, Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz. Airbrushed enclosure with orange enamel and then hand painted. When tipping the bottom up to paint the foot the paint ran and gave me the 'Opportunity" to put a speech bubble.

matmosphere

Awesome! Those look super cool. Dare we ask who the guitarist were?

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 15, 2020, 10:36:45 AM

I think there's a clue in the description of the Merman build.......
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

dan.schumaker

That's awesome!  That's the dream, having some of our guitar hero's play our gear...

jjjimi84

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 15, 2020, 10:36:45 AM

I am sure they wouldn't mind. I had a lesson with Brendan Bayliss of Umphreys McGee and talked about songwriting and his approach to the guitar. About a month later I was able to get a lesson with the other guitar player Jake Cinninger and proceeded to have my mind completely melted. I am hopefully going to get another one with each in a few weeks pending my hectic work schedule. Both guys were incredibly nice and super helpful in my playing. I have been seeing this band live for almost twenty years from little clubs in Illinois to Red Rocks and to have a one on one lesson with them was a total high light for me.

jimilee

I am super impressed with your skillz, both art and builds. I've watched several of their concerts on YouTube. Real talent those guys, I love the gold Les Paul that one of them plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Thank you all very much! I got some really cool stuff cooking.

Thewintersoldier

That's really awesome Dan, I've met some cool musicians but never got to take lessons. Must be really inspiring. And those builds look phenomenal. Your work always impresses!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jkokura

I love the hand painted artwork look. Those are fantastic.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

Your pedalboard must look amazing, I love this artwork.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on July 15, 2020, 05:02:16 PM

Jimi has exactly one guitar he can play through each DIY pedal he's built! Seriously, we need a group photo of everything :)

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on July 15, 2020, 05:21:03 PM

Jimi has exactly one guitar he can play through each DIY pedal he's built! Seriously, we need a group photo of everything :)
Only if you come down and help me take them all out of the cases and put them back when we're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

What a collection of awesome sauce!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Surprisingly two of my boards are bare and packed up and my main board only has a tuner and looper on it and whatever pedal I am doing a demo of.

Now my walls are pretty great looking.....

cooder

Quote from: jjjimi84 on July 17, 2020, 02:12:24 PM

Surprisingly two of my boards are bare and packed up and my main board only has a tuner and looper on it and whatever pedal I am doing a demo of.

Now my walls are pretty great looking.....
We need a wall shot then or two....!
BigNoise Amplification