News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tourbillion Phaser

Started by jimilee, July 17, 2020, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is a Grind Customs Phaser. Thanks to Forrest for providing what I needed to have some boards made. I'm rather proud of the etch. I do have 4 more boards for 5.00 PPG if anyone is interested.

From the build doc: The Tourbillon is athree-­‐stage optical phaser utilizing LDRsasthe variable resistive element in each phase stage. The circuit grew from a single-­‐stage vibratocircuit by Tim Escobedo (TheWobbletron) into a three-­‐stage phaser.The LFOis closely based on theoscillator fromthe Causality 4Phaser by frequencycentral.com .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

A phaser. How come, Jimi?

Nice etch there dude, nailed it!
So how does the phaser master and connoisseur compare the soundz out of this with a few other specimens in his wide collection?
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

That looks great!  Your etch game is getting serious  8)

jjjimi84

That etch is incredible! Great work on the pedal. I think you need to do a phaser shootout with all of them in line and the all of them on at once. It might be the last we see of you as you head into another dimension.

Thewintersoldier

I agree that with Dan, do it, do it, do it, do it!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on July 17, 2020, 07:08:46 PM
This is a Grind Customs Phaser. Thanks to Forrest for providing what I needed to have some boards made. I'm rather proud of the etch. I do have 4 more boards for 5.00 PPG if anyone is interested.

From the build doc: The Tourbillon is athree-­‐stage optical phaser utilizing LDRsasthe variable resistive element in each phase stage. The circuit grew from a single-­‐stage vibratocircuit by Tim Escobedo (TheWobbletron) into a three-­‐stage phaser.The LFOis closely based on theoscillator fromthe Causality 4Phaser by frequencycentral.com .

Great question. It's a 3 stage phaser, but it gives a good amount of phasing in the normal phase setting. It's a little more versatile in that the shape knob changes it to a vibish feel. I can definitely see the  causality influences. It's a great ambiance phase pedal. Hmmm a phaser shootout. I gotta get a regulator for my 12 stage first. I will line them up and make a video. It may run about an hour and a half though, I have quite a few.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Cybercow

Great etching work Jimilee!
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

cooder

Jimi says "it may run and hour and a half".

It'll be a full feature movie, popcorn and all. yehaa.
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

That etch looks really sharp.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?