News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boogie

Started by 3tonesnd, July 17, 2020, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3tonesnd

Hi!
The sound of this pedal resembles  the sound of my favourite guitar amp - Mesa/boogie Dual Rectifier.

The schematic is popular "dr.Boogie", based on 4 FETs (in my build, post-soviet made "КП 303 А"), modded by AlexZ (he also made a pcb transfer image)

The pcb is home-etched, the artwork is printed on transparent ink jet film

I know that the artwork contains copyright-protected images, but I build this only for myself and do not seek any commercial purposes. All logos are placed there just for fun)

Pardon my english

gordo

Your English is very good. I like this build. Nice clean etch and pays a nice tribute to the original. I often "steal" trademarked stuff like this when I know I'm keeping it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Great build, top looks and all the good stuff! Even Randall Smith would approve I'm sure... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Quote from: 3tonesnd on July 17, 2020, 04:59:45 PM
I know that the artwork contains copyright-protected images, but I build this only for myself and do not seek any commercial purposes. All logos are placed there just for fun)

No worries :) One of my favourite builds from Juansolo had the album cover for Dopesmoker on it!

Really nicely clean build! Although, did you realise that we can see your reflection in the knobs? ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Thewintersoldier

Nice etch and build. That is clean, and I bet it sounds mean!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Quote from: alanp on July 17, 2020, 05:44:03 PM
did you realise that we can see your reflection in the knobs? ;)

I totally missed that. I was too busy looking at the cool red dots...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I really dig that, it's very clean. I have this circuit and the triple(Fuzzdogg T-Rex). Oh yeah, I promise I don't get all of my artwork from the internet.  [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Absolutely every image on my pedals has been lifted from google search.  I might modify them in photoshop, but yeah.  I have a (two, actually) Dr Boogies that should be boxed sometime.  Instead of Mesa Boogie, I might put "Mensa Dancing" on it...

JackSkellington

Very nice. I'm planning to build it, too.
You said "modded by AlexZ". Is this about the jfet or is some mod of the schematic.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

3tonesnd

Thanks for the feedback, guys!!!

Quote from: JackSkellington on July 18, 2020, 02:02:15 AM
Is this about the jfet or is some mod of the schematic.

I never tried to compare his schematic with any other. as far as I know, he re-worked the tone stack.
the original is also JFET,  J201 or 2n5457, or 2SK170, or КП303А - I think the guy who draw schematic that I used just took whatever was cheaper) The important thing is the value of of current on drains - it should be 4.5v on q1, q2, q3 and 5.5v on q4 to achieve a tube-like sound

If you're interested, I can share a project, I just don't know if it is correct or not to post links here)

This project is verified and sounds totally awesome to me)
Pardon my english

JackSkellington

Sharing things is always a good thing. ;)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»