News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hamlet Delay (perf board is for masochists)

Started by Stomptown, July 23, 2020, 06:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

John Patton is a masochist.  There, I said it!  ;D Seriously though, building on pad per hole perf board is one of the most challenging things I've done pedal-wise.  I was absolutely shocked that it actually worked!  Kudos to John for this great project! Still one of my favorite Delays.

Max

:o :o :o
It would be nice to see a picture of the "dark side of the board"  ;D

Thewintersoldier

Your builds always impress, the etching is always top notch but it's your wiring that gets me every time. It's like a mini amp in there, so beautiful.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Wow, nice job. I can't even imagine the complexity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

You might be one of the only people besides me who ever did this project on perfboard.

Lovely build, though.

The logical next perfboard step is obviously the cosmo tremolo. ;D

Stomptown

Quote from: midwayfair on July 24, 2020, 09:36:41 AM
You might be one of the only people besides me who ever did this project

Your probably right.  Perf is seriously exhausting.

flanagan0718

This is a work of art! I tried a simple boos circuit on perf once...that was my first and LAST experience with perf. Once again this is a master piece! Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyled

Quote from: midwayfair on July 24, 2020, 09:36:41 AM
You might be one of the only people besides me who ever did this project on perfboard.

Lovely build, though.

The logical next perfboard step is obviously the cosmo tremolo. ;D

I still want your layout for the cosmo lol. That thing looks amazing  8)

287m

Great build! That green perf is my choice too. Never look other again, unless emergency.

That why i prefer perf than vero, not because more availability here. But, the art of bend that leg.
And some my favorite builder are perf or pad per hole wizard. Rick FCUK, Russ Cozybuilder, Fretzburner, Jon Midwayfair, Doug Midfi, and many more. Their build always impressed me. Exhausting but more fun!

After see this thread and this gutshot, i need to build this for myself to stay sane. thanks for the spark inspiration, just need to find C and A pots  :(

FYI, REVV DjiSamSoe aka G234, and BE-OD can build in 1590B perf with onboard pots too! I draw that for my friend and they giggles and laugh hard after finished. Priceless moment.

3tonesnd

Respect!! I tried 3 times to make a way more easy schem on perf board, but every time I messed it. And yours looks sooooo dense...  And yes, do you have a photo of another side?)

Pardon my english

m-Kresol

super nice build. Everything about it is spot on
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Stomptown

Quote from: 3tonesnd on July 25, 2020, 02:23:49 AM
Respect!! I tried 3 times to make a way more easy schem on perf board, but every time I messed it. And yours looks sooooo dense...  And yes, do you have a photo of another side?)

Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of the underside but here's a pic of a Bear Hug compressor using the same technique:

Bio77

That's beautiful! I too have had little luck with perf, this blows my mind.