News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VB-2 vibrato

Started by Thewintersoldier, July 25, 2020, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This is a fun one. Byoc has been out of the kit since before the rapture started so I got the board from them and started getting parts together, that was in March. Small bear was closed and everyone was out of the BB tall boxes. Smallbear opened and got everything except the BA6110. Found one on eBay, from a reputable dealer that turned out to be a fake. Had to wait for a new one. And here we are with a great sounding vibrato. This thing sounds so good. For mellow or over the top or fast or slow it can do so many great sounds. What I really like using it for is the ramp mode to add some vibrato bar stank to my tele or some flair to some pedestrian playing. Why this isn't more available is beyond me, this thing is amazing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

That thing is awesome! 

I've got one in my de-bug pile, it's noisy.  How did you route the input and output wires.  I've got shielded wires in mine running over the board, which doesn't work.

cooder

Top notch again, epic build!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on July 25, 2020, 03:48:31 PM
That thing is awesome! 

I've got one in my de-bug pile, it's noisy.  How did you route the input and output wires.  I've got shielded wires in mine running over the board, which doesn't work.
Thanks John, the only wire that doesn't come off is the output wire going from the foot switch to the output jack. I routed it under the board because 1. I think it looks better and 2. Every time I run a wire over opamps I pickup noise. Every time I try shielded wire it's always more hassle than it's worth. I try my best to keep wires short and away from components. This one is a bbd device so it's gonna have a noise floor higher than digital but as far as analog goes mine is pretty quiet.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?